Freddie's Top 10 Cricketing Career moments
Andrew Flintoff played 79 Tests and 141 One Day Internationals for England. Here are just some of his memorable highlights and memories
- Running out Australian captain Ricky Ponting with a direct throw from mid-on which helped seal victory, and the Ashes, in his last Test at The Oval 2009.
- Consoling Brett Lee at the end of the Edgbaston Ashes Test 2005.
- Smashing 142 vs South Africa at Lord’s in 2003 in a losing cause but this innings ignited the public belief that cricket’s Roy of the Rovers had arrived.
- His bowling spell against Jaques Kallis, the world’s best batsman at the time in 2008 ending in Kallis having his stumps spread everywhere.
- 135 not out for Lancashire vs Surrey in the 2000 Natwest quarter final. His hundred came off just 88 balls
- Shouting ‘Mind the Windows Tino’ at Lords. Tino Best was stumped next ball.
- Taking a hat-trick vs West Indies in April 2009.
- Hitting 9 sixes in 3 days at Edgbaston 2005 vs Australia. One of the sixes even landed in his dad’s lap in the crowd!
- Taking 5 wickets at Lord’s in the second innings vs Australia in 2009.
- The best over ever in Test Cricket? Taking the wickets of Langer and Ponting, again at Edgbaston in the Ashes 2005.